The Road to Recovery for Mass Violence Survivors & Communities
Join the National Mass Violence Victimization Resource Center (NMVVRC) for its seventh national town hall, focusing on the topic of recovery for both survivors of mass violence and impacted communities. There will be a number accomplished speakers featured, including Vegas Strong Resiliency Center Executive Director Tennille Pereira, Esq.
At the conclusion of the virtual national town hall, participants will be able to:
- Identify long-term trauma and trauma cues affecting mass violence survivors and how to mitigate them.
- Identify long-term trauma affecting mass violence impacted communities and how to mitigate it.
- Describe effective strategies for individual and community needs assessments during the longer-term recovery phase of a mass violence incident.
- Identify best practices for annual commemorations and permanent memorials.
- Describe unexpected challenges that may arise in the long-term aftermath of a mass violence incident, and strategies to address them.
- Describe the most important skills and strategies needed for professionals for the road to recovery.